When trying to lose weight or to maintain your current weight, eating right is very important. It can be the difference between success and failure.
Just because you’re on a diet, that doesn’t mean you should allow yourself to starve. It’s all about snacking right and making smart food choices.
One of the most popular snacks for weight watchers is diet smoothies. There are several reasons why diet smoothies are great for dieters. Consider these:
- Smoothies make use of fruits and natural sweeteners. They’re delicious and they don’t contain extra calories that will ruin your diet. If you do want to add extra sweeteners, opt for natural sweeteners like honey because they’re healthier.
- Smoothies can become meal replacements. It’s a great way to make sure you don’t over eat, while still getting your daily nutritional needs. This is because you get to measure each ingredient beforehand, making sure that you only add in the ingredients in the amounts that you need – no more and no less. Worried about missing out on protein? Then consider adding tofu to your smoothie or using nutritional supplements like protein powder.
- When using fruits and vegetable in your smoothies, you use the entire fruit. This means you also consume the pulp of the fruit or vegetable, which is a good source of fibre for your body. Fibre is responsible for that full feeling you get after drinking a glass of smoothie. It’s also good for your body because it helps digestion and supports your body’s waste elimination process.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You probably know how detrimental to your dieting efforts it is when you skip this meal. Breakfast smoothies are a wonderful way to make sure you have breakfast even if you’re in a hurry. You can prepare it in under 2 minutes, take it with you and drink it on the go.
- As with any healthy habit, being able to enjoy a variety of flavors is key to staying satisfied and committed. This is probably one of the best things about smoothies – there are so many combinations you can create, making use of a wide variety of ingredients to suit your mood. Really, making smoothies a part of your daily routine is one of the best choices you can make to help you meet your weight and diet targets.
If you are on the lookout for amazing diet smoothie recipes, do check out “Sensational Smoothies: Drink Your Way To Health Deliciously”. This amazing ebook contains over 180 smoothie recipes designed to keep you fit and happy. The recipes featured are kitchen tested and have been certified to taste as good as they are healthy.
To make the best smoothies, I highly recommend the Nutribullet. I’ve been using one for about a year and think it’s fantastic.
Unlike most blenders and juicers, this high-powered nutrition machine pulverises your fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds into a smooth, delicious smoothie in 30 seconds or less.
No peeling and no messy equipment to wash up afterwards.
I use mine to make a breakfast smoothie which keeps me feeling full until way past lunchtime. Consequently, I’ve lost a lot of weight and dropped a couple of trouser/pant sizes!
You could use it to replace breakfast, lunch or dinner. I recommend adding a cupful of porridge oats to increase the fibre content and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Also, because you are using the whole fruits and vegetables, your smoothie retains all the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fibre and micro-nutrients your body needs for energy and to fight disease.
Plant Wisdom has a range of natural powders designed to super-charge the nutritional value of your smoothie. Check them out below.